Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Three Boys in a Fort

I really enjoy a bold background!  Especially when I find one that fits the photo perfectly.  In this case, the photo is of Elijah and some friends, building a tree fort, and they are peering through the branches.  It fit the striped background exactly.

3boys_Amcgrew

I also enjoy the opportunity to challenge the “rules” a little and use flowers on a boys page.  Outdoor photos seem to be the best choices for that, and in the case, I think they blend in well with the overall look. 

3boys_cu_Amcgrew

I traced the twigs from some really old die cuts onto the back of this grey woodgrain paper, and cut them out. I used them to ground the layout and reinforce the outdoor theme.  I think it comes through even on a bold striped paper.

All the papers here are from My Mind’s Eye, though all from different lines.

Go build a fort… or something.  :)

~Alyssa~

No comments:

Post a Comment