Sunday, May 28, 2017

Read!

I am fairly sure, after talking to many other moms, that I am not the only one who has kids that struggle to enjoy reading.  My second child picked up reading skills fairly easily, but the love of reading has been elusive.  So, when he picked up a Lego book voluntarily to “read” with his little brother (then just 8 months old) I was all for it.  It was so cute, watching the older school the younger in every Lego figurine in the Ninjago series.  I was amazed how long the little guy sat with his big brother for the narration.

readamcgrew

Even though this isn’t the greatest photo, I absolutely had to scrapbook it because of the story behind it.  I was also motivated to pull out a line I have been saving for a special photo- in this case, October Afternoon’s Public Library.  It was perfect!  Not too feminine, and book-related accents.

readamcgrewcu1

A little white paint on the background is my favorite way to tone down a bold background to make sure that perfect photo stays the focus.  After I added in some fun circles and a reading cat (who doesn’t love a cat that reads?), I added some orange Thickers.  These Thickers were faded by the sun, because I left them on my desk way too long… however, it just added to the feel of this layout!  Sometimes serendipity happens.

readamcgrewcu2

Thanks for coming by and taking a peek!  Have you used a favorite line or product recently?  Link me up in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment